1/7/11

January 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th 1951

January 3, 1951
Wednesday

Real warm + sultry. Really did get muddy. I sent mail out, then cleaned up the Christmas doing; put everything away, cleaned up good. G was out and gone all day. Had to work on car some. Cecil taken black heifer up to Clint's till it's weaned

January 4, 1951
Thursday


Egg 55
Weather real warm sun out bright little rain about 4:30 awful muddy. Guy made new hog trough, I'm ironing..didn't get thru Emma Jean was over.
Had pork chops, gravy, fried taters, corn for supper..onion, bread, crackers.

*Bess went to Winc hospital for tumor

January 5, 1951
Friday
*Bought tank of gas today $10.75

Awful nice day not cold and sun was so bright...I ironed some, patched some, made up Mom's bed clean, cleaned up the house good. Went over to Ruth's a while. Cecil and Clint went to Winc to see Bess, will operate on Mon.
I washed my hair and my grey sweater tonite.

Calf has scours bad.
Clint's cow died.

January 6, 1951
Saturday


Awful nice day. I straightened up, taken ashes out, piddled around. Guy slept in a while this AM, then he fixed pig slop shute, then this eve he went fishing.

I baked fine lemon pie; going to pop some corn now. Used my mixer for the first time.


1940s Vintage Sunbeam Mixer, Beaters, Blender Attachment, Electrical Cart, Original Manual and Cookbook; Available for Sale at Sage Patch.

Ruth and Clint came down a while. Radio very good tonite!

*Note from L; Want to listen to some Old Time Radio shows? Click here to visit this wonderful site!

No comments:

Post a Comment