4/5/11

April 4th and 5th 1951

Wednesday

Cool as 40 again...and cloudy makes it feel so cold.

I finished up the 3 dresses and pressed them good. Now I'll wash out soem then work a while at papers. Fixed Ruth's dress.
Pigs 9 - 9
Eggs 45 this AM
Alice H fell in town + cracked her knee cap.

Thursday

Weather very good. Little chippy around the corners.

I worked on papers nearly all day have them pretty well whipped.
G run his eggs then went for more.
Girls was over little. Didn't stay long. Saw Albert fishing this afternoon. Saw 2 snakes out in the sun at the Spring.
Ironed his shirt, pressed Ruth's dress. Now its' time to go to roost, my feet is tired as a dog!~

1 comment:

  1. I get exhausted just reading her diary....my gosh what a time in history! I would NOT have wanted to be a farmers wife ever! She has such gumption! :)

    ReplyDelete