7/13/10

July 9th, 10th and 11th 1951

July 9, 1951 Monday
Awful nice + HOT
I had a very big wash...


then I hoed some over in my garden. This evening I pinched off beans. Sure is lots of beetles.

G was up at Coley's hauling hay today.

July 10, 1951
Tuesday
Donald B is 19 today (and is as big as a house!)

I picked off about 2lbs of beans then I cleaned a kettle full for dinner on Wed. Then cleaned mess for us for supper. Killed 2 roosters for dinner; was busy all day.
G hauled hay for Coley.

July 11, 1951 Wednesday

Women up here to feed the Rotary men up town. Fried my chicken, got my stuff ready till 9:30. Only 7 of us there. Eve, Ima Jean, Beulah, Evelyn, Claudia, Polly, Alice, Kay.
48 ate dinner.
Had real hard showers about 4 after we got home. Then last it rained hard again...men working hay got wet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment