3/23/11

February 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th 1951

February 25, 1951
Sunday

Wonderful nice day. E + I + G went up to Patmos to MJ’s for dinner. SD at home for few days.
Stopped at ML’s she is up some. Taken her house coat, fits fine.

Mrs Bell L died this evening while playing the piano for Church at Chapel. Was 72. 
A member of Chapel for 60 years.

February 26, 1951              *Calf
Monday

E + I messed at different things all day. I did cut my plaid gingham out over E’s dress in evening. I about made it!
Wonderful fine day!

G sent 7 shoats, 1 calf, 1 sheep buck to Winc today. Brought 2 calves back.
Calf weighed 150#, 65# shoats 590, 1 shoat 150#, buck 50# (Total $41.00)

February 27, 1951
Tuesday

Eggs 45

G went for eggs. I finished my dress. Cleaned some, done some old jobs. E got ready to go to Shen in PM. Luther + Dot came for her in evening. L + I went up to Garlan’s to sew on squares. Good many turned out to sew.
Had cookies.


Photo of actual Vintage Feedsack Quilt blocks, made by the 50's Farmwife circa 1950; purchased from her estate. 

February 28, 1951
Wednesday

Last day of Feb.
Mrs Bell gets buried today. Some cooler but sun out, bright.
I went to funeral. 
Ruth nursing at Cora M Hospital.

No mail much.

 Vintage Egg Carton from L's personal collection

 G went to Edinburgh for cartons…they are $8.00 for 500 now, use to be $6.25!


1 comment:

  1. how lucky to get so much great stuff that can be connected in history!!

    ReplyDelete