3/31/11

March 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st 1951

March 18, 1951
Sunday

Psalm Sunday. I went up here to Church. Not too many out. Cloudy for rain, then after dinner it did rain.
I went over to store for few eats. G slept nearly all day.

I wrote to E a big letter to pass time while he slept.

March 19, 1951
Monday

*Got my new foot stool from Bowman's today $2.00

Raining. Started this AM again and been at it all day and still coming down.

G + I left here 9:30 to take old man to the Dr.
We came back, stopped at locker got some good meat for supper.

Done up work; sewed buttons on my plaid dress. Put hem up in Mrs S dress that I made Sat evening.
Ready now for button holes.

March 20, 1951
Tuesday

MJ's birthday

Aid day at Pearlie's, very good crowd and good dinner.
G gone for eggs 44
Brought 117 dozen at Crabill's.

Got 1 ton of coal brickettes (sic) this AM

March 21, 1951
Wednesday
     *PIGS*
Pigs are 4 weeks old

First day of Spring; Old Mommie had 14 pigs last nite. Some family!

Real purty this morning. Got windy and colder till evening.

Washed a little, candled eggs. Sewed some. Slept some. Wrote some. Done odd jobs all day.

Fred and Earl got thru painting the inside of Church light green today. Used 13 gallons of paint. $3.65 per gallon. Looks nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment