3/31/11

March 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th 1951

March 22, 1951
Thursday   *Cow

C taken one cow home tonite; she's going to be fresh.

Cold + windy, was down to 20 this AM.

I sewed on Hilda's clothes. Mr. Dyke was here to phone. I worked some eggs.
Had letter from E + ML today.

Mrs. Spiggle has pneumonia

March 23, 1951
Friday


C's heifer was fresh today

Got up right early, done up the work good. Harold came for me. Pearlie, Grace, Lelia, Margaret, Garlan, MJ + Lula + I cleaned up the church good. Weather very good, little windy.
F brought me home about 4:30, everything was O.K. Done up the work, washed my hair, eat supper, slept nap.
Roy came about 11, G about 11:45
Got mail today
12 o'clock midnite, time to go to roost.
Was 1am when we went.
Still got all 13 pigs!

March 24, 1951
Saturday


12 pigs to date. Beautiful morning. Roy went up home to work. H came by. I done up work, will clean now. Slept nap, read paper.
Went up to town in evening. Awful cold tonite.

Miller + J has new Chrysler

March 25, 1951
Sunday

Easter Sunday
Warren and Martha were married today.

It will be 57 years before Easter come on March 23 years of 2008. Was a lovely day only little cool.
I went up to Church..good many out. SD, Pat, Betty was home. Betty such a pretty girl too.
Stopped at ML, she is still coughing some. Going over to old man's now.
G was home all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment