12/24/10

December 19th, 20th, 21st and 23rd 1951

December 19, 1951
Wednesday

Pigs 12 weeks old
Bad day. G + I went to F Royal to do some shopping; didn't get much, but spent money. It gets away some way-
Boyd L came home from Alaska been gone 3 years looks good and seems the same.

December 20, 1951
Thursday

Awful bad snowing to beat the band up until noon then turning to rain + freezing. I started to wash had clothes in the rinse tub + C called wanted me go along to E's so I went. Ruth got her Mother an electric blanket $24.75 lovely. Got herself a new dress. etc. I didn't get so much. I finished washing + put evertyghing out on porch; cleaned up stuff all done but the floors which I will do tomorrow.

December 21, 1951
Friday
Chicks 11 weeks old

Weighed 1 pullet, #3, 1 rooster #4 1/2 11 weeks old, not bad.
We shelled 4 sacks of corn for feed. I then fixed E's box and addressed 50 cards till mail time.
Gathered clothes in, washed up dishes, got supper. We fed and bedded up chickens good.
I went up to practice up here on hill.
2 more sacks of feed.
The weather was nice today; snow left in a hurry...colder tonite.

December 22, 1951
Saturday


Mabel home from Middleburg for Christmas. She fell going around the house last eve + broke her right arm above the elbow.
Have lots to do today. Pretty up above, but cool air icy underfoot. G worked at hogs till dinner. H + F was here.
I ironed, patched, cleaned and 100 other odd jobs. Was on the go all day, only sit down for paper nothing much in it.
Went up to town in evening got Tippy his second mouse; she really loves her mouse. 11:30 time to go to bed.

December 23, 1951
Sunday


We went up to Patmos didn't get there in time for Church only to practice. I dressed five chickens and a duck for him. I went up here to Christmas service. Good. Good crowd too. Weather very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment