3/31/11

March 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th 1951

March 26, 1951
Monday

Easter Monday, very pretty, only very cool.

G got C's tractor and plowed up here along the creek, this side for us to sow oats.
In the pm we cleaned garden off and got horseradish out and oyster plant sent it up to Mom's place with H.

G went fishing, I went over to Ruth's a while. Fixed horseradish, wrote Margaret B a letter. 10pm now, he hasn't come home yet.

Eggs 39 today

Pigs 12 + 9 to date

March 27, 1951
Tuesday


Nice but cool as 40!

Eggs 39. G will haul manure, I'll go for eggs.
SD + girls going back this AM. I went for eggs. Everybody glad to see me, especially Effie.
Got a big mess of cress and some Easter eggs at Effie's. Got work done. Guy gone to River, hauled manure on 2 gardens. No mail much, but papers

Looks for rain tonite

March 28, 1951
Wednesday


Cloudy for rain. G plowed this garden up here this AM. Has gone to get new tire. I washed. It is 12 noon, starting to drizzle some rain. Will work eggs this PM. Cats are all asleep.

I ironed everything in the evening. Got some holes to shut.

G got new tire $15.00 some cents

March 29, 1951
Thursday


Raining this AM. Not so cool but wet. Must be bad everywhere.
Rained off + on all day. I cleaned eggs, run them then I worked on the papers some. Good job.
Went with Ruth to TB to Beauty Contest. Mildred BK won $50.00, Shirley C of Strasburg was runner up $25.00.
H + MJ was here little.
Rained real hard this evening. Foggy
Got letter from E

No comments:

Post a Comment